Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Officially a 2 year old...

In every way. And when I say every way, I mean the "terrible two" every way. Allie woke up a few days before her birthday and decided that she was going to break bad on us. The hitting, pushing and all out temper tantrums have officially began. I started time out with her, and let me tell you-her reaction to being put in a corner away from us is Oscar worthy. Girlfriend can really put on a show. Such drama. It's hard for me to keep a straight face during her little performances. This over reacting is clearly a trait that she has inherited from her father! All who know me can attest to the fact that I am always calm, cool, and collected! (Wink, wink)....it's true...Allie is a little Janell, through and through. I am hoping that the fun little phase that we are in now with her trying to beat up her sister won't last too long. Bless Emily's heart, she is so patient with her. It's like watching a little Ben and Janell. One calm and rational one, and one crazy feisty one. I'll let you decide who is who!
Allie had her 2 year check up yesterday. She is 24.6 lbs. and 32 and 3/4 inches long. Dr. Kelly said she looked great. Developing right now track and hitting all of her milestones. She had to get one shot and didn't cry at all, but when the nurse was done, Allie looked her right in the eye and said "You hurt arm!" Just to let her know that she was aware of what had just happened, I guess!
In other news.....I am now obsessing over painting the powder room and the girl's bathroom. I am thinking stripes for the powder room---wide horizontal ones. Ben of course, is totally opposed to this....he has now vetoed 2 of my "visions" for the powder room. I don't' really know who he thinks he is....I am the one with the design visions around here....he just supplies the man power....I need to remind of that apparently! :-) I am pouring over paint samples constantly....Emily is trying to help me out, but her "vision" of a red and pink bathroom just doesn't really fit with the rest of the house. She's still young---she'll learn soon enough.
I'll be back soon to show pictures of my ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment