Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mission Organization

I'm getting there....."there" is back to where I was 4 years ago. Completely organized and put together. It's taken me a while, but hey, give me credit-I had 2 kids in 2 years and moved twice in 3 years. It's been a long 4 years. Good, but long. Anyway-enough excuses---time to organize again.
I have these problem spots in my house. My biggest bone of contention at the current moment is my front foyer. My husband (who I love and adore) seems to think that the floor is the perfect place for his coat. He comes in, throws his wallet and keys on the front table, shoes, hat and coat in the floor, along with his computer bag and that is where they stay. DRIVES ME NUTS. I am working on a solution to this problem now.

I have these 2 things sitting in boxes waiting to be assembled-I have been told it is a weekend project---during March Madness--we shall see how this goes-lets just say I'm not holding my breath.

These will go on the wall behind my front door-I ordered both in black.They are from the Westfield Collection from The Company Store http://www.thecompanystore.com/

LOVE THEM!!!
Some of their prices are a little much for me on some things, but if you have an account with them, they send great coupons and usually there are some good free shipping codes or deals on http://www.retailmenot.com/


In other house news, the master bedroom is coming along quite nicely. Just for a refresher here are some before pictures (Before we painted and the new furniture arrived)
















Our old Master was a mess. The furniture was really old (it was mine from when I lived with my parents, and before that belonged to some old woman). Don't get me wrong-it was fine, but it was a full sized bed and we had just really outgrown that. The room just made me angry when I went in there. Not really good for a master bedroom. But since it was upstairs and no one other than us saw it, it wasn't really high on the priority list. That all changed after Ben got his bonus! Yay! We decided the days of the girls having the nicest bedroom furniture in the house were over. We started with the mattress--we found a great deal on a KING and purchased that first. We then started looking into furniture. I found a couple of collections on-line that I liked, and off we went to the furniture store. We ended up getting the Madison collection from Raymour and Flanigan (http://www.raymourflanigan.com/) and we were really pleased with the transaction. I didn't realize you could negotiate furniture prices! We were able to get a king sleigh bed, 2 night stands, a dresser and mirror and a chest for a nice price! Here are some after pics of the bedroom! I chose Restful by Behr-approriate name for a bedroom, no?




























We are in love with this room now! I have 2 framed pictures of the girls to hang up (another weekend project, I have been told) and I added this above the bed:

This was our wedding song and when I saw this vinyl decal on ETSY (http://www.etsy.com/), I just had to have it!
So....that is all for now! Hopefully once all the "weekend projects" are done, I'll have more pictures to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment