Sunday, April 29, 2012

Nesting, Shmesting...

The insanity continues.  The nesting insanity that is.  Ben and I were talking about it, and honestly, it has been crazy since we moved here.  With just keeping up with 2 crazy little girls, work, surgeries, drama...the list goes on.  Now that we have a real reason to do stuff, we are making up for lost time.  It is about freaking time!
The girls room is pretty much done.  They have been in it for a week now.  I ordered wall decals for above their beds and we are looking for a fun full-length mirror.  I must say, the colors really came together nicely.  I don't have tons of pictures just yet because I'm waiting until it is totally done, but here are some previews:

You can see the colors really nicely here.  

  The girls were having a little story time before school one morning, and I was able to snap a picture. You can see a little more of the room here.  More pics to come once the details are all done!

In between paint coats and trim and all that fun stuff, we started on the kitchen table.  This kitchen table was a mess.  Ben had spilled paint on it about 10 years ago.  We didn't use the table for years, but pulled it out about a year ago and just kept it covered with a table cloth.  That became a pain and I wanted to paint it.  Ben agreed to stain it, so that is what we did!
I decided to go to the holy grail of all home DIY and decorating.  Pinterest.  There, I found this great how to:  Centsationalgirl

I went right out and got everything that she said to use:

Then I left explicit directions for Ben to follow her directions to the tee and I left to get my hair cut.  I asked him to take pictures while I was gone- he just sort of stared at me.  Needless to say, there is only one "during" pic and I took it.   I do have before and after pics though:

Hot mess table before:

Table while getting last coat of clear coat on it:

And the final result--I am in love with it.  I snapped this pic with my cell phone, so it's not the greatest, but you get the general idea.  Still working on some different things for the centerpiece. 

Yay!  One more thing crossed off the list.  

The nursery is primed and 3 of the walls are painted.  Ben went rogue on me with the paint.  We found that we had a lot of light blue left over from when we painted the playroom a few years ago.  It was very similar to the color that we agreed to use in the nursery, so I thought we were all set.  Wrong.  Ben decided to add a quart of darker paint to the mix and see what we ended up with.  I must say, it is nice.  I can't wait to see the how it looks when the navy blue wall goes up!  Pics coming soon....

Oh!  And my crazy Daisy turned 1 this week!  Happy Birthday puppy!




No comments:

Post a Comment