Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Painting, swimming and Tarheels-Oh My!


What a big weekend! Emily's room is done! Well---mostly. I still need to get some things on the walls, change her curtains and blinds, but the big part (the painting) is done! Ignore the crazy look on her face here. She really does like the room! :-)



I am thinking about doing hot pink for her curtains. I got new blinds-white wooden ones like the rest of the house, but they are the wrong size. Since I am currently obsessed with wall decals, I will be adding some of those too!



Now the before pictures. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm sure this color palette worked great for the previous owners, but it just doesn't really go with the flow of our house!



We thought about keeping one of the stars, but ultimately decided to cover them all.




We didn't paint all weekend! The girls started swim lessons! They are taking them at a local college. It worked out great because they offer the parent/tot class (that Allie and Ben are taking) and the Level 1 class (that Emmy is taking) at the same time! Even better---I don't have to get in a bathing suit! :-)


Some of our friends are taking the class with us! Ben has hit it off with the husbands of two of my friends. All 3 guys have 2 year old's that they are doing the parent/tot class with! It was so precious to see these big guys dancing around in the pool with the babies!



Emily is taking the class with a friend also! There were some tears at the first lesson, but I think they will end up loving it! Emily has literally been counting down the days until her next lesson!


And, of course, it is MARCH MADNESS here at the Gravitt house! The girls wanted to show their support for Daddy's favorite team! Even though we are now Pennsylvania residents, we are happy and proud that the Tarheels will be destroying Villanova this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment