Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Decisions, decisions....

I have March Madness.  Not about NCAA, though I do enjoy the tournament.  I have pregnancy induced March Madness.  It happened when I was pregnant with Emily and it is happening again.  Must be a summer baby thing.  I have gone into hyper organization/redecorating mode.  We have 3 bedrooms upstairs that we are going to be switching around.  Emily's room will become the nursery, Allie's room will become the guest room, and the current guest room/my craft room will become the girls shared room.  All 3 rooms need to be painted.  Hence the madness.  It takes me months to pick out paint color for 1 room.  Now 3 rooms?  Madness.
My husband is a HUGE UNC fan.  Huge.  If it were completely up to him, our son would be named Roy Williams Dean Smith Gravitt.  I told him we could do a UNC nursery for the baby.  That won me tons of awesome wife points which I plan to cash in at just the right moment.  Ordinarily I am not into themed rooms.  It's not that I dislike them, it's just not for me.  This room will have a UNC basketball motif, but there will be no basketball wall borders.  Again, just not my thing.  Ben has a TON of old newspaper articles and magazine covers that we plan on framing and hanging in the room.  He also has an basketball autographed by Michael Jordan that his super cool wife got him.  That too will be going in the room.  He wants his friend to paint the UNC monogram thing (not sure monogram is the right word, but you get it) on one of the walls, but I haven't totally approved that idea yet.  I don't want the room to look like a locker room.
So, anyway, I went to Lowe's today and picked out pretty much every pale blue color they had.  True Carolina blue is a little bright for a nursery, so I'm hoping that I can convince Ben that a paler shade will do the trick.  Because of my aforementioned March Madness, he is treading lightly and pretty much agreeing with whatever I say right now!
So it's decision time.....maybe I should make a bracket and start eliminating tourney style.....
Stay tuned as I *think* progress might start this weekend!!!

1 comment: