Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A little crafting fun...

Emily was begging to do a little Christmas craft today and I had to improvise quickly. I wanted something the girls could do pretty much do on their own with limited help from me while I cooked dinner.
We decided to make some little reindeer. I thought they could both make Rudolph, but Emily nicely explained to me that "no one ever draws or sings about the other reindeer" Well said Emmmy! :-) Emily decided to do Blitzen and Allie did Comet.

I drew some triangles for the face and let Emily cut them out---she took this job very seriously!


I found some foam that we traced hands on to make the antlers. We chose yellow for a little flair!
The girls colored their reindeer and decorated the faces



Next Emily glued on the antlers


And....VOILA! Our reindeer were complete! Emily did one extra--this time she did do Rudolph because "Mommy, he is the most famous one", but she gave him purple antlers because that is Mommy's favorite color!


So....not a hard craft by any means, but the girls had fun, I got to cook dinner and we have a little extra decoration for our Christmas house!

1 comment: